Q1 Cannot connect to the Wireless Router to configure it.
A1 Check the following:
In Windows, you can check these settings by using Control Panel-Network to check the Properties for the TCP/IP protocol.
- Check the Wireless Router is properly installed, LAN connections are OK, and it is powered ON.
- Ensure that your PC and the Wireless Router are on the same network segment.
- If your PC is set to "Obtain an IP Address automatically" (DHCP client), please restart it.
- If your PC uses a Fixed (Static) IP address, ensure that it is using an IP Address within the range 192.168.10.1 to 192.168.10.253 and thus
compatible with the Wireless Router's default IP Address of 192.168.10.254. Also, the Network Mask should be set to 255.255.255.0 to match the Wireless Router.
Q2 When I enter a URL or IP address I get a time out error.
A2 A number of things could be causing this. Try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check if other PCs work. If they do, ensure that your PC IP settings are correct. If using a Fixed (Static) IP Address, check the Network Mask, Default gateway and DNS as well as the IP Address.
- If the PCs are configured correctly, but still not working, check the Wireless Router. Ensure that it is connected and ON. Connect to it and check its settings. (If you can't connect to it, check the LAN and power connections.)
- If the Wireless Router is configured correctly, check your Internet connection (DSL/Cable modem etc) to see that it is working correctly.
Q3 Some applications do not run properly when using the Wireless Router.
A3 The Wireless Router processes the data passing through it, so it is not transparent.
- Use the Content Filter Settings feature to allow the use of Internet applications, which do not function correctly.
- If this does solve the problem you can use the DMZ function. This should work with almost every application, but: It is a security risk, since the firewall is disabled. Only one (1) PC can use this feature.
Q4 My PC can't locate the Wireless Router.
A4 Check the following:
- Your PC is set to Infrastructure Mode. (Access Points are always in Infrastructure Mode)
- The SSID on your PC and the Wireless Router are the same.
- Remember that the SSID is case-sensitive. So, for example "Workgroup" does NOT match "workgroup."
- Both your PC and the Wireless Router must have the same setting for security. The default setting for the Wireless Router security is disabled, so your wireless station should also have security disabled.
- If security is enabled on the Wireless Router, your PC must have security enabled, and the key must be matched.
- To see if radio interference is causing a problem, see if connection is possible when close to the Wireless Router. Remember that the connection range can be as little as 100 feet in poor environments.
Q5 Wireless connection speed is very slow.
A5 The wireless system will connect at the highest possible speed, depending on the distance and the
environment. To obtain the highest possible connection speed, you can experiment with the
- Wireless Router location: Try adjusting the location and orientation of the Wireless Router.
- Wireless Channel: If interference is the problem, changing to another channel may show a marked improvement.
- Radio Interference: Other devices may be causing interference. You can experiment by switching other devices off, and see if this helps. Any "noisy" devices should be shielded or relocated.
- RF Shielding: Your environment may tend to block transmission between the wireless stations. This will mean high access speed is only possible when close to the Wireless Router.
For ADSL Routers
Q1 Why all LED indicators are off?
- Check the connection between the power adaptor and the power socket.
- Check the power switch is on or not.
Q2 Why LAN LED is not lighting?
- Check the connection between the ADSL modem and your computer, hub, or
- Check the running status of your PC, hub, or switch, and ensure that they are working normally.
Q3 Why ADSL LED is not lighting?
A3 Check the connection between the ADSL “DSL” port and the wall jack.
Q4 Why cannot visit Internet with ADSL LED is on?
A4 Ensure that the following information is correctly entered.
Q5 Why cannot open the Modem Web configuration page?
A5 Follow below steps to check the communication between the computer and modem.
- Choose Start Run from the desktop, and ping 192.168.1.1 (the IP address of the modem).
- If the modem cannot be reached, please check following configuration:
- Type of the network cable
- Connection between the modem and computer
- TCP/IP configuration of you computer
Q6 How to load the default setting after incorrect configuration?
- To restore the factory default, keep the device powered on and push a needle into the hole. Press down the button about one second and then release.
- The default IP address and subnet mask of the modem are 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 respectively.
- User/password: admin/password